We would love to get your opinion on your experience with our site with a short survey. Take Survey
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
|Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem|
|February 13, 2020|
|Hack-and-Slash Action RPG|
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem, formerly known as Umbra, is an upcoming hack-and-slash action role-playing game (RPG) from Wolcen Studio. It melds much-loved hack-and-slash gameplay with state-of-the-art graphics, and underpins it all with a truly modern AI. Inspired by the classic Diablo 2 game, Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem aims to deliver an intense and rich action RPG game. Personalization of your character build is free, deep and highly customizable, and many secret are hidden in the world. Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem will be available in Early Access on Steam on March 24th.
An isometric open world action-RPG in a corrupted world falling apart. You are a former officer of army of the Human Republic, forced to flee the death penalty because of the magic powers you have unwillingly developed. Being tracked down by humans and hunted by the monsters of the Wild, you are recruited by a mysterious group of Templars. And thus an epic adventure begins in which you will wander the world to fight inhuman, mutated monsters and discover the terrible secret of the extinguishing mankind.
The game features a unique mechanic called Apocalyptic Form that allows players to shape shift into a highly customized character! You're free to mold your character thanks to a deep and rich customization system. And thanks to our complex crafting mini-game and our housing module you will be able to make your adventure feel as YOUR adventure!
Story[edit | edit source]
The corrupted Human Republic is falling apart: Starvation and disease are ravaging mankind, leading to violent riots everywhere.
In order to maintain their grasp on the population, the Republic is using vicious tactics, poisoning the population to weaken it and removing all children from their parents to better mold their minds. Newborn babies are rare, and few are born healthy.
An unknown curse has made men lose their memory, provoking a limbo that has eaten their own history and technological knowledge.
Rumors say that the leaders of the Republic signed pacts with occult entities, and monstrously mutated humans are appearing in the wild, leading raids against cities and villages.
Food became rare, leading to an extreme measure. In the name of survival, the Republic declared that anyone over the age of 50 should be killed. The same rule applies to anyone presenting mutation.
The Hero[edit | edit source]
You are a former officer of the Republic who developed magical powers. You tried to hide it, but your hierarchy found out. Instead of directly killing you, they tried to capture you and lead experiment on your body.
You managed to escape and take refuge in the wild. There, you were attacked by a large pack of the monstrous creatures. Outnumbered, you were about to fail when the mysterious order of the Templars saved you.
Features[edit | edit source]
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem aims to deliver many features that will differ from the classic games of the genre:
- Open World : Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed according to your play style!
- Free character development - No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage, Stamina and Mana, and they all interact with each other in order to balance gameplay.
- Apocalyptic Form: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warriors may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava, healing from fire. Even wings and horns might appear depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Semi procedural Weaponry: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
- Tons of Destructible environments: From small walls to complete parts of an area. We hope you enjoy it!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Mature story full of secrets to discover exploring the world
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scenes including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature, creating never seen before gameplay situations!
- Dungeon challenge (Stretch goal): Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other players to survive the onslaught!
- Multiplayer mode (stretch goal): Multiplayer is an ambitious goal we would love to achieve, but it must be done correctly. We plan to have different interesting stretch goals for you that will allow us to build the foundation of the multiplayer. In the best case scenario, we would like to have the following modes: Dungeon Challenge, Co-Op, and Competitive Plaver vs Player vs AI.